*This page was updated Monday, Nov. 30 at 7:05 p.m.
U.S. European Command is currently implementing
three one travel restriction within Europe that applies to all DOD personnel and family members: the city of Paris, the city of Brussels, and the country of Turkey.
If you are a Department of Defense military member, civilian employee, contractor, or dependent or family member, you can not travel to
Paris, Brussels, or Turkey at this time. Unofficial and official travel require general officer approval.
You can get the specifics about the current Turkey restriction HERE.
All personnel should:
- Be prepared for additional security screening and unexpected disruptions.
- Consult your chain of command on any future leave, liberty, or travel plans.
- Stay in touch with family members and ensure they know how to reach you in the event of an emergency.
- Report any suspicious activity to the appropriate law enforcement authorities.
- All DoD personnel should exercise vigilance when in public places or using transportation.
- Be aware of immediate surroundings and avoid large crowds or crowed places.
- Exercise particular caution during the holiday season and at holiday festivals or events.