In an effort to increase cooperation and enhance security, European Union Military Staff (EUMS) director general, Lt. Gen. Wolfgang Wosolsobe and United States European Command (EUCOM) commander, Gen. Philip Breedlove signed an administrative arrangement today in Mons, Belgium to facilitate the exchange of information and cooperation between both organizations. The formal agreement described the primary roles and responsibilities in crisis management. This is a notable step to increase the ability of the U.S. and EU to work together in security matters. Continue reading EU and EUCOM expand cooperation, information sharing to boost security
Thanksgiving Day is a unique American holiday and custom. Traditionally, the Pilgrims in 1621 celebrated a day of thanksgiving with local Native Americans for the bountiful harvest that nature provided to them during their first year in the New World.
Throughout America’s history, this day has evolved into the celebration and customs that we enjoy today, which for most Americans means gathering together with family and friends.
We would like to wish all Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines, Coast Guardsmen and the civilians of the European Command and their families a wonderful Thanksgiving.
*This page was updated Monday, Nov. 30 at 7:05 p.m.
U.S. European Command is currently implementing
three one travel restriction within Europe that applies to all DOD personnel and family members: the city of Paris, the city of Brussels, and the country of Turkey.
If you are a Department of Defense military member, civilian employee, contractor, or dependent or family member, you can not travel to
Paris, Brussels, or Turkey at this time. Unofficial and official travel require general officer approval.
You can get the specifics about the current Turkey restriction HERE.
All personnel should:
- Be prepared for additional security screening and unexpected disruptions.
- Consult your chain of command on any future leave, liberty, or travel plans.
- Stay in touch with family members and ensure they know how to reach you in the event of an emergency.
- Report any suspicious activity to the appropriate law enforcement authorities.
- All DoD personnel should exercise vigilance when in public places or using transportation.
- Be aware of immediate surroundings and avoid large crowds or crowed places.
- Exercise particular caution during the holiday season and at holiday festivals or events.